Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Vote for me! It's Madness!

When I joined Tsu it was full of talk of how to maximise your money making and some people were busy trying to game the system. A lot of those people have been banned or gave up and it's now settled down into a nice place to be. One of the most impressive aspects has been the charity work. There are around 40 charities on there that each have a Donate button on their profile. You can donate as little as one cent and it all goes to the charity. This really kicked in when the Nepal earthquakes happened and many hundreds of Dollars were donated. Tsu founder Sebastian Sobczak set up TSU and Shikshya Foundation Nepal specifically for this cause, but other charities also helped there. I find it amazing that all this money is what people have earned from using Tsu. I've heard people call it a pyramid scheme, but nobody has to pay anything to join. Some people are making a lot of money and being very generous with their donation. Others make a little and give what they can. They may never get to the $100 pay-out level, but they can still do some good.

Of course people tend to want to make giving more fun, so various challenges have been organised to encourage donations. I've given to many of these. One of these is Tsu Madness, which was run in March. It's run like a sports tournament where popular Tsu members are played off against each by people voting for them other until two remain to fight for the title. The winner gets to nominate a charity to receive all the money raised from the tournament account and donations.

Tsu Madness is running again this month (June 2015) and I'm surprised to find myself entered as a wildcard. I'm by no means famous, but I've got to know a lot of people on Tsu by participating.
I'm up against people with far larger followings, so I don't expect to get too far, but I'll play along. My nominated cause is Charity Water. I think clean water is a basic right that we should have got to everyone by now, but much work still needs to be done.

I'll try to do a few posts to promote myself in the contest and to help it make some more money. I'll be donating some of the money I have too.

So please consider joining Tsu, even it's only to participate in this event. There are lots of cool people to follow and interact with, so maybe you will decide to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment